Tutorial for Adv. PE I
"Public Policy in Open Economies"
(Winter Term 2015)
This page will be updated with course materials and news regarding the tutorial. For information about the lecture, please refer to the counterpart of this page on the chair's website.
The tutorial is taught by Severin Weingarten.
Downloads for this year's course will be posted here. However, you are welcome to look around last year's files to get an idea of what to expect.
- Monday, 26 Oct 2015. We will have three tutorials on November 2 (Monday), November 5 (Thursday), and November 9 (Monday). We will use the first and roughly one-half of the second session to go through the math primer. Please, do come, even if you already know the material. The primer will help us to get on the same page with respect to the math that will be used throughout the rest of the course. In the remaining one-and-a-half sessions, we will go through the tutorial questions for chapter 3 and, ideally, start working on the questions for chapter 2. Please print the questions and the models-on-one-page and bring them to class. This will allow you to take notes without having to copy the equations.
- Math Primer
- Chapter 2: Tax Competition
- Chapter 3: Erosion of the Welfare State
- Chapter 5: Ecological Competition
- Chapter 6: Quality Competition
- Chapter 7: Lemon Banking
- Chapter 8: Competition of Competition Rules
Got any feedback regarding the tutorial? Want me to cover a certain topic? Shoot!
- It's anonymous.
- You don't have to be friendly!
- You don't have to be constructive if you don't know how to solve the problem!
- However, please be specific! If you tell me that you didn't understand the model, that's alright. But if you tell me that equation (13) makes no sense to you, it'll be much easier for me to do something about it.